Of course, it was a magnificent day (and yes, I was there), and besides the terrific lineup, these are 3 distinct memories I had that Summer day in Anaheim:
1. We were some of the first arrivals and being in the front row of the metal entry gates, we were subjected to waves of people pushing to get in. It was pretty scary and unfortunately this was repeated 9 years at Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio resulting in 11 deaths.
2. I sneaked backstage with my Kodak Instamatic Camera and got some intimate shots of Pete and Roger (with the requisite Jim Beam Bottle in tow).
3. Some freaky dude handing out Orange Sunshine LSD to people in the front of the stage as if it were candy (No, I did not partake).
4. Pete was absolutely acrobatic that day
5. When they played most of “Tommy” and “Live at Leeds” I remember thanking, “these guys are in their 20s” and they were there to Rock!